LOBBYING & STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
This course introduces the basic concepts of lobbying and its relationship to stakeholder relationship management. It examines how lobbying is done in general and also in Kenya, with the aid of different industry scenarios. The course then explores what is required to lobby, the mechanics of lobbying, challenges faced in lobbying, and examines various examples and case studies in this regard.
This course is ideal for public affairs and public policy specialists, strategic communications experts, individuals in government relations roles and players in non-government organisations and broader civil society groups
The outcome for this training course is intended to instill course participants with knowledge and skillsets in the following areas:
- Lobbying and advocacy
- Stakeholder relationship management including stakeholder mapping and engagement
- Effective messaging
A detailed description of what a student must be able to do at the conclusion of the course.
- Define what lobbying entails
- Develop a stakeholder prioritisation and engagement map
- Design and implement a basic lobbying and advocacy strategy
- Module 1
- Lesson 1 What is lobbying?
- Lesson 2 Why lobby?
- Lesson 3 What is required to lobby and is it legal?
- Module 2
- Lesson 1 Preparing to lobby
- Lesson 2 Mechanics of lobbying
- Lesson 3 Elements of successful lobbying
- Lesson 4 Case studies of lobbying